Pages

Friday 22 October 2021

Uncle Don Knows Heaps of Wacky Stuff and Flora and Fauna

 Kia Ora,

Today I am sharing with you some of my work of this great book called Uncle Don Knows Heaps of Wacky Stuff and also Nz Flora and Fauna. The reason we were watching a video of Nz Flora and Fauna is to practice copying down information for the future. Here is some things I found out about Flora and Fauna. 

Kakapo in Maori means night parrot. They can live up to 80 years old. They are the worlds largest parrot but cannot fly. They were thought extinct in 1977 but then they're were discovered 213 adults. They start breeding at the age of 5 years old. Every 2-5 years they breed. 40% of Kakapo eggs don't become adults. 

In 1978 this different kind of wasp was discovered in Hamilton in a aircraft. They were a danger to bird's bats and native animals. They ate the bugs and insects that the animals need to eat to survive. 

The Horopito is found all over New Zealand but they are mostly found in Stewart island. They have blood looking splotches all over the Horopito. It is a traditional spice used over meals so it is edible. 

Finally my favourite and interesting fun fact from the book Uncle Don Knows Heaps of Wacky Stuff is about starfishes. 


Thank you for looking at my blog. Have a good day. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.